Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Worst. Date. Ever

So today i went on a date with a guy. It was my worst experience so far since i've been dating. So i got ready, shaved and what not. Then i got dressed (no skinny jeans, i'm glad i didn't wear them. I think it would have made it more awkward for me). So i picked him up and he was different then i expected. I knew his height and what not but i always have a hard time visualising what people will look like. He was ummm chunkier then i expected. Now i want to make things clear. I'm not really a vain person. I would be hypocritical with my looks. Now i have dated overweight guys before. And as long as you're not obese you're in with a shot. But i guess his looks did through me off a little. So we went back to the city and parked at southbank then went to queen street for lunch. After lunch we went to the cinemas and saw percy jackson and the lightning thief. He kinda tried sitting close to me and what not but i didn't really respond. I just wasn't feeling it. Then after the movie i drove him back home. Now we spent over four hours together today but in that time i reckon if all our conversation was put together you'd have about 20 minutes of talking, 30 if you are lucky. It was a very awkward, silent date for me. So I drove him home and we stopped outside his place and he leaned over to kiss me and i hesitated. I didnt really want to do it but i did. It was just a quick peck on the lips (oh his 6 year old cousin was outside his place which made it more awkward. i dont know if he saw the kiss though). Then he said we'll do it again some time? And i very quietly said yeah. I just didnt know what to say. So when i was driving back home i got a message from him. It said i hope you had fun today. I felt bad. I should have sent him a message when i left his place but i didnt. So i got home and sent him a message. I want to do the right thing by him so i sent him this message.
Hey. I had a good time today and you're a really nice guy but i dont think we should be more than friends. I hope you understand.

I havent got a reply yet. so that was my awkward silent date. Plenty more fish in the see i guess.

P.S. simpsons reference FTW

3 comments:

  1. Hugs & Kisses for T! There are a lot more fish in the sea! Hey I'm like a poet!... hehe

    I think you did the right thing!

    Charlie
    xx&oo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think this was the right thing for you to do.

    You told him before things went to far on his end

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being honest is the way to go. It hurts but it's better than giving him false hope. Blind dates are always risky that way.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Stats